Magnet Schools Assistance Program Grants
AES has special expertise in developing successful proposals for the Magnet Schools Assistance Program. AES has either written or given technical assistance for 53 funded projects since 1996. As examples:
- For the 2013-2016 funding cycle, AES wrote or provided technical assistance for 9 of the 27 funded MSAP projects.
- In the 2010-2013 funding cycle, AES wrote or provided technical assistance for 10 of the 38 MSAP funded projects.
- In the 2007-2010 funding cycle, AES wrote or provided technical assistance for 10 of the 41 MSAP funded projects.
- In the 2004-2007 funding cycle AES wrote or provided technical assistance for 11 of the 50 MSAP funded projects.
AES Proposal Writing and Evaluation Technical Assistance Conference Presentations
Elaine Rosales and David Kikoler have given proposal writing and evaluation technical assistance presentations at numerous conferences, including:
- The U.S. Department of Education, Magnet Schools Assistance Program Conference
- Magnet Schools of New York State Association Conferences
- Magnet Schools of America Conferences
- National Career Academy Coalition Conferences
- Joint conferences of the Leadership for Minority Administrators, the Southern Regional Minority Leadership, and the Mississippi State Department of Education
- Conferences of the Southeast Region and Region B Equity Assistance Centers
- Conferences sponsored by the Connecticut State Education Department and the New Jersey State Education Department.
Principal Officer David Kikoler was a member of the U.S. Department of Education Magnet Schools Assistance Program Technical Work Group for the 2010-2013 grant cycle.