Magnet Schools Assistance Program Grants
AES has special expertise in evaluating Magnet Schools Assistance Program projects. AES has evaluated 68 MSAP projects since 1996. As examples:
- For the 2016-2019 and the current 2017-2022 and 2021-2026 funding cycles, AES is evaluating 11 of the 50 MSAP projects funded nationally;
- In the 2013-2016 funding cycle, AES evaluated 9 of the 27 MSAP projects funded nationally;
- In the 2010-2013 funding cycle, AES evaluated 11 of the 38 MSAP projects funded nationally;
- In the 2007-2010 funding cycle, AES evaluated 12 of the 41 MSAP projects funded nationally;
- In the 2004-2007 funding cycle AES evaluated 11 of the 50 MSAP projects funded nationally.
AES Proposal Writing and Evaluation Technical Assistance Conference Presentations
Elaine Rosales and David Kikoler have given proposal writing and evaluation technical assistance presentations at numerous conferences, including:
- The U.S. Department of Education, Magnet Schools Assistance Program Conference
- Magnet Schools of New York State Association Conferences
- Magnet Schools of America Conferences
- National Career Academy Coalition Conferences
- Joint conferences of the Leadership for Minority Administrators, the Southern Regional Minority Leadership, and the Mississippi State Department of Education
- Conferences of the Southeast Region and Region B Equity Assistance Centers
- Conferences sponsored by the Connecticut State Education Department and the New Jersey State Education Department.
Principal Officer David Kikoler was a member of the U.S. Department of Education Magnet Schools Assistance Program Technical Work Group for the 2010-2013 grant cycle.